Americans love lush green and well-manicured lawns. After all, lawns are the connective spaces between homes that bring order, beauty, and serenity to neighborhoods. They’re also a great place to hold summer parties, play croquet or football, sunbathe, relax, and socialize.
However, if you’re like most Americans, you also know that getting and maintaining a lush green lawn isn’t easy. It requires a tremendous amount of time, money, and energy (to mow, trim, edge, fertilize, and water every week).
If you’re looking for an easier and better solution, below are some of the biggest advantages to installing artificial grass in your yard–especially in your backyard– instead of real grass:
1) Saves you money – When you first install artificial grass, there is a one-time installation fee. But once it’s in, you’ll save money on your monthly water bill, buying gas for a lawn mower, ongoing irrigation system repairs, and on chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc. But, over time, artificial grass eventually pays for itself (typically within the first three to five years).
What’s more, many state and local programs also offer homeowners rebates or cash incentives for installing it.
2) Conserves water – In the U.S. alone, landscape irrigation accounts for nearly one third of all residential water use, ornine billion gallons per day. Aside from having to occasionally hose it off to clean it, synthetic grass doesn’t require any watering.
3) Requires minimal maintenance – Once installed, artificial turf requires minimal time and attention to maintain. Plus, with synthetic grass, you won’t have to contend with lawn disease, weeds, or pests.
4) It’s eco-friendly – Artificial turf significantly reduces air and ground pollution, as it doesn’t require anymowing (i.e., smog-forming emissions), or harmful chemicals (e.g., pesticides, fertilizers, weed killers, etc.).
5) Your grass is always green – Unlike real grass, which turns brown each winter when it’s cold and gets big yellow spots in the summer when it’s too hot, artificial turf looks great and stays green year round.
6) It’s more durable and long-lasting than real grass – Synthetic grass is stronger and lasts longer than natural grass. In fact, many artificial grasses last up to 25 years. (Some, such as those offered by Purchase Green, also come with a 10-year product warranty).
7) It drains better – Today, many artificial grasses feature built-in drainage solutions to help efficiently collect and remove water. This not only helps prevent water build-up and flooding, but also means you’ll no longer have to deal with mud and puddles in your lawn.
8) It looks like real grass, but offers a lot more style options – Nowadays, artificial grass has becomeso realistic looking that it’s often hard for people to tell the difference between synthetic and real grass just by looking at it. It’s also available in a variety of colors, blade lengths, and textures, and blends in well with drought-tolerant landscaping.
9) You’ll no longer have to hire a lawn-sitter whenever you go on vacation – Whenever you go on vacation you can just go–you’ll no longer have to hire someone to mow and water your lawn while you’re away, or deal with all the hassles that come with trying to mow and water it yourself before you leave.
For more information about backyard artificial grass, read the Purchase Green eBook Nine Things You Need to Know about Artificial Grass