All common costs should be considered when comparing bid amounts for installing a natural lawn to installing synthetic grasses. If you are comparing, insist on balance … include professional services verses owner built efforts; time and effort are worth something! Value it!
- Excavation and site prep (dump/haul fees)
- Access to the area (time wasters like stairs)
- Compare natural lawn’s need for soil amendments, preparation and additional materials to a synthetic lawn’s base work.
- Natural lawns require additional trenching, pipes/fittings, electric, plumbing and timer costs.
- Compare warranties, get them in writing.
- What natural grass can last as long as the shortest of warranties on synthetic turf?
- Include long-term maintenance, repair & replacement of irrigation and lawn areas.